Fresh and Fun! Honey, Lavender & Lemon Glazed Cake. Seriously, so good!
Honey and culinary lavender buds with fresh lemons and let me tell you, it does not disappoint! It’s perfectly delicious and so fresh! If you are looking for an Easter or Spring dessert - or any occasion really than this is it! Please let me know if you make it!
Honey, Lavender & Lemon Glazed Cake
makes 2 loaves or 16 mini loaves
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup Honey
¼ cup or 4 large Lemons zested (I used Meyers Lemons)
3 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¾ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Honey
½ Cup lemon juice
1 TBS dried culinary lavender*
2 cups powdered sugar
3 TBS milk
Culinary Lavender* for decorating
1. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans or use mini loaf pans as I did in picture below. Cut a strip of parchment and place on bottom of each pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and honey in bowl about 5 minutes until fluffy and light.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, then the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
5. In separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to batter and stir just until blended.
7. Add batter to pans evenly or fill to about ½ to 2/3 height.
8. Bake for 45 min ( if using mini loaf pans bake 25 min) or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on rack.
10. Syrup: Combine honey, culinary lavender buds, and lemon juice in saucepan and simmer for 10 min. or until thickened. Pour through strainer. Drizzle over cooled cakes.
11. Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and milk and whip until smooth. Drizzle over the tops of cakes and allow to drizzle down the sides.
12. Sprinkle with culinary lavender to garnish.
*Note: Culinary Lavender is Lavender that is used for cooking. Thse are 'Lavender Angustifolia' varieties, also called 'English Lavender' or 'True Lavender'. They have a mild sweet flavor.
recipe adapted by my modern cookery
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter with recipes, farm updates and events, how-to articles, growing tips, product availability and get your free guide:
'Essential Lavender: 15 Easy Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil in Your Daily Life!'
Sign Up below!